Adventures of a tiny Squirrel and her friends...

This is our life.

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Summer's End







Fall is here and I have once again fallen so behind on my updates. It seems like summer just whizzed by. It wasn't a particularly nice summer---either cool and rainy or brutally hot and muggy. Hopefully this means we'll have a warm Fall and an easy Winter. At any rate, there is a lot to report, so I won't waste any more time. 

Our summer ended on a beautiful note with a little holiday to Victoria where we got to be a part of Auntie Melissa and Uncle Stafford's wedding celebrations. The wedding was beautiful--perfect weather, lots of good laughs and happy conversation. Squish got to be a flower girl for the second time and her sweet little cousin, Cole was the ring bearer. We also got to meet Auntie Rebecca and Uncle Brian's new little girl, Madeline. She is gorgeous and smiley and super bald just like Autumn was. So adorable. It is always bitter-sweet to have everyone together, particularly now that everyone has babies. So nice to be together and so sad to all leave to our own corners of the continent. Living away from family is a huge bummer. 

We spent the majority of September house-hunting and had zero success. The rental market in Toronto is pretty pitiful these days and we did not anticipate such a challenging search. We extended our current rental an extra month and we are hoping to have more luck finding a place for November occupancy. We need a little more space because Autumn is going to be a big sister in the spring. Yep, another sweet, bald baby to bring even more love to our family! We are due on March 30th and keeping fingers crossed that this one will be on time. 

I have so far found this pregnancy to be significantly more challenging than my first. I have felt more ill, and been more exhausted and have had a busy two-year old to chase around. No rest for the wicked, I guess. It's been pretty hard so far though. I am regularly a patient person and have found myself with way less patience and as a result a super ton of mom guilt for not having the energy to play and chase my girl around the way that I want to be able to. I am nearly 15 weeks now and hoping that these next few weeks will find me feeling more like myself. Fingers crossed.

Anyhoo, I gave myself the length of an episode of Dora to write this so I will post a few pictures and sign off. I promise, I won't let it go for two months without another update. Love you all.




Happy little Cole.

Daddy/Uncle Teddy & the munchkins.

Beautiful little flower girls, Autumn and Emerson.

Great-Nana Stella and Maddy June.

Tony & the squish shucking some corn for a BBQ.

Testing out Auntie Kristi's pumps.

Beautiful bride, Auntie Mel & her handsome little boy.

Autumn, Cole & Emerson: wedding party kiddos.

Here we go...

Uncle & little sweetheart, Cole.

The Kellogg ladies

Auntie Dar and baby Madeline.

Looking ready.

Cutest little ring bearer ever.

Flower girls

<3




Relaxing after the wedding, waiting for some dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment