Adventures of a tiny Squirrel and her friends...

This is our life.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

crunch crunch crunch

Squish has always wanted to feed herself. Ever since we started on solids a couple of months ago, baby girl has been wanting to hold the spoon, touch the food, smush the food into her clothing and hair and throw the food on the floor for the dog, etc. This past weekend, Teddy, Squirrel and I attended a lovely..errr, spooky...Halloween shindig at our pals Shendah and Jeff's house. They are mama and daddy to baby Ronan who occupied the incubator next to Autumn in the NICU...Anyhew, I was inspired by some of the other babies at the party who were having their go at finger foods and I thought: hey, if they can do it, so can my girl. So we bought some Cheerios and I'm proud to say that Squish can sort of feed herself and will sit happily in her highchair for AGES as long as there are Cheerios on the tray. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?!?!?!? I no longer have to sing and dance while I do the dishes!!!! Well, at least I haven't had to sing and dance for the last couple of days...Hopefully the novelty of the Cheerios won't wear off for awhile. I thought while we were at it, we'd try some yam fries too and those have also been a hit. I wonder if this independence is a scary sign of things to come...DUN DUN DUNNNNN...

In other news, I have sold two of my baby mobiles!! Okay, okay...So a friend bought them. I'm very happy regardless and I'm feeling pretty good about my work. I have also just finished crocheting a mermaid tail for a newborn photo shoot for a photographer in Michigan who happens to be my lovely sister-in-law. I can't wait to see how the photo shoot turns out. Rebecca is super talented. You should check out her blog. Tomorrow, I am hoping to get my hands on a friend's camera to take some good quality pictures of some of my crafts and update my etsy account. Stay tuned for the link and photos.

Here are a few little shots of my squishy girl taken over the last day or so...

Enjoying a beautiful fall day at the park.

Excuse, me mama. I'm all out of Cheerios.

Baby and Daddy celebrate Halloween with carrots--not candy!

Daddy took Autumn  to the beach with the while Mama enjoyed brunch with some girlfriends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment