Adventures of a tiny Squirrel and her friends...

This is our life.

Wednesday 22 February 2012

A little less wise

So I went in for my first post-baby dental check up and left the appointment two wisdom teeth lighter. I have to go back in a couple of weeks and have the last two extracted as well. I really should have done this years ago, but was able to repeatedly convince myself that I could postpone the procedure. Man, it sure hurts! Though I have been diligent with my rinsing and eating soft foods so I haven't had any issues with infection or swelling or anything...Thank goodness for that, as in typical Squish form, she decided that she was going to go entirely off of her routine after my little surgery...Waking up in the middle of the night with a huge poopy diaper, going on nap strike, etc. She seems to be back to her old self today though. She slept from 7:30-6 poop free and without a peep and is now talking herself back to sleep in her crib. She has just figured out that she can easily stand up in there so her new trick is to stand up and stare at the door waiting for someone to come and get her in the morning. I sometimes peek in the video monitor and she just looks so tragic! Poor little squish. At least she doesn't typically get super worked up in her bed. I'm glad that she is comfortable in her crib and that she knows we are close by and I thank my lucky stars that she was successfully sleep trained before she figured out that she can pull herself up in there. PHEW!

So in just over a week, my Squish will be one year old. She has already kissed two boys and has been on a plane over a dozen times. She can crawl and wall-walk and she clapped her hands for the first time two days ago. Impressive little squirrel.

Here is a little video of my girl with her pal Royal from yesterday. I was trying to get them to smooch for the camera but they wouldn't cooperate. Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment