Adventures of a tiny Squirrel and her friends...

This is our life.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

almost autumn

It's hard to believe that summer is just about over. Autumn and I just got back from a few beautiful days in Victoria with Grandma and Grandpa Kellogg. Beautiful, but a little chillier than what we have become used to...Squish even got to wear her adorable and soft fleece coat from Nana and got some use out of her new blankie from Grandma's pal Barb and her mom. I do love the crispiness of fall and the fun flavoured lattes that come with the season...pumpkin...mmmm! I hate to admit that the darker days have actually been helpful in getting her majesty down for daytime naps. I really haven't had to fuss over her too much around nap time now that her room isn't super bright and sunny during the day, which has made for stress-free days and a super tidy home as I have been able to get a lot accomplished.
Teddy just finished up two weeks of Fringe action. I actually got to see the play on Friday--Autumn had a little visit with Liz, Luke, Arlo and Koa and slept the time away until we returned to pick her up--I am so lucky to have such great pals who will watch the squish even though they have a busy 2.5 year old and a 5 month old. Awesome! The play was hilarious and Teddy killed it as Flash Gordon. Sweet silver short shorts and all... :)
I also had my first night out with a group of real live adults for Karina's 30th and Autumn stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Kellogg at the casa. I stayed out super late and was quickly reminded of why I go to bed so early when my girl wanted boob at 4am. Ay ay ay. But the fun was worth the exhaustion. Happy birthday, mama Karina!
I should also tell you that our girl is getting so big and is doing so many amazing new things! She is almost 7 months old now and weighs a wopping 18lbs. She is just about sitting up on her own and has been working diligently with her Grandma on mastering her roll-over. We are almost there. She has also been exploring food and pretty much loves everything...Banana, avocado, yam, carrots, beans, barley, turkey, apple, apricot, peach, mango...It's great! We have just started to incorporate a third solids meal into her day and she is tolerating it really well. It's actually kind of difficult to feed her at times as she gets frustrated that the food isn't coming fast enough. I literally shovel the food into her gob and she gets mad when there is no more. Hilarious. She also cut TWO TEETH last week when we were in Victoria. Autumn and I shared a couple of absolutely miserable nights, but the sharp little buggers popped through and we've been all smiles every since. Teething throws a wrench into everything! I realize that I am blessed with a baby who sleeps well and isn't really fussy but we have worked very hard on sleep training and Teddy and I do our best to keep her schedule and routines as consistent as possible...Our whole regimented schedule went the way of the dodo while baby squish was cutting those teeth. Crazy. I don't know how babies do it. Teething is absolutely terrible. We used frozen facecloths and a couple of teething rings to soothe her but nothing did the trick like my boobs...My poor boobs felt the wrath of her sore little gums, I tells ya. YIKES! It looks like we have a couple more little teeth on their way through as well. GOOOOD TIMES!
Here are some photos...
bounce!

paying a visit to great-grandpa Fred


Daddy & Squish at the beach



Grandma gives Autumn her brekkie




sitting up!

riding the ferry with mama & sophie

li'l cowirl :)

at work with Grandma

best.

sore little gums :(

No comments:

Post a Comment