Adventures of a tiny Squirrel and her friends...

This is our life.

Monday 23 April 2012

DIY Mama

I grew up in a house where my mom basically did everything from scratch. Between her and my nana, they sewed a lot of our clothes and halloween costumes, baked our treats, knitted our toques and scarves, grew some of our food, pickled and preserved our garden goodies, etc. It was a lovely little life that my sisters and I had. I have very distinct memories of my mom making juice and yoghurt popsicles for us in the summer time. Yesterday was a really nice day, and my mom sent me a great recipe for healthy fudgesicles, so I thought I'd whip some up. THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!
Here is the recipe:

5 medjool dates (pitted)
1/4 cup agave
1 banana
2 avocados
5 TBSP carob powder
1/2 cup water
1 cup coconut milk

-Put the dates in your blender and cover them with 1/2 cup h20. Let them sit for 30 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle moulds, freeze and EATTTTTTT!



They're seriously so good and guilt-free. Autumn will be a faux-fudge covered baby at snack time today.

I have become kind of obsessed with searching through pinterest for crafty diy ideas and fun little recipes. I saw this and had to make it. If you have a little girl and a sewing machine, you should make one too. It took me 10 minutes and it's so cute!





I think we can safely say that spring has sprung in Vancouver. It was a lovely warm weekend and we spent lots of time outside. Let's hope it sticks!! I am SO over winter/rain/clouds, etc. Autumn has a cute new UV suit that needs wearing. Here is our girl at the park yesterday. We couldn't stay too long cause it was super sunny and squish refused to keep a hat on her head. Wish me luck this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment